font-awesome-load
material-design-icons-load
de | en | fr
Register | Favorites (0) | My searches (0) | Basket (0) | Museum Ludwig | FAQ
 
 
  • Date of Object:
  • Reproduction-no.: rba_c009795
    Image credits: Rheinisches Bildarchiv Köln, 1994
    Picasso, Pablo, 8.3.71. II (Suite 156), Inv.-Nr. ML/G 2001/035/070
  • WORK PHOTO
    Reproduction-no.: ML_G2001_0035_070
    Image credits: Rheinisches Bildarchiv Köln, 06.2009
    --- Picture hidden for legal reasons. ---
    Picasso, Pablo, 8.3.71. II (Suite 156), Inv.-Nr. ML/G 2001/035/070

in the Rheinisches Bildarchiv Cologne, (rba@rbakoeln.de) Additionally analog pictures available:

  1. Photo no.: RBA L 07 143/29          

8.3.71. II (Suite 156)
 08.03.1971

Radierung
, 21 x 15 cm (Platte), 32,7 x 25,2 cm (Blatt), Passepartoutformat: A-Format
Köln, Museum Ludwig, Grafische Sammlung, Inv.-Nr. ML/G 2001/035/070, Schenkung 2001  
Hide

Museum Ludwig

Köln, Heinrich-Böll-Platz

On 5 February 1976, husband and wife collectors Irene and Peter Ludwig donated 350 modern artworks from their collection to the city of Cologne and thus laid the foundations for the Museum Ludwig, which was to be a home for art made after 1900. 1986 saw the opening of the ‘twin museum’, which encompassed both the Wallraf-Richartz Museum and the Museum Ludwig, but already by 1994 it was decided to physically separate the two. Apart from the most extensive collection of American Pop Art outside of the USA, the Ludwigs’ donation meant that the museum received absolutely top quality works by the Russian avant-garde from the period between 1905 and 1935. In 1994 came 90 works from their Picasso holdings, followed by 774 more in 2001, meaning that the Museum Ludwig now has the third largest Picasso collection worldwide, only after Barcelona and Paris. Today the Ludwig Collection covers the major approaches in twentieth century and contemporary art.
The basis of the Ludwig Collection was unwittingly created by the Cologne lawyer Dr Josef Haubrich. In 1946 he entrusted the city with his important collection of works by the Expressionists and other representatives of 'classic' modernism. This donation was later transferred to the holdings of the Museum Ludwig.
Since 2000, the Museum Ludwig has been notably involved in collecting and presenting technical media in the contemporary art context. Since 2001 the collection has expanded in the field of contemporary art by the inclusion of key works and integral groups of pieces, and today ranks with its almost 60,580 works among the leading museums for modern and contemporary art in Europe.

http://www.museum-ludwig.de

 

currently not shown in the gallery

Related object 

Zusammenhang mit Picasso, Pablo, Suite 156 (obj 05023000)

Provenance

 1982-2001, Museum Ludwig, Grafische Sammlung, Köln, Inv.-Nr.: Dep. Slg. L. 1982/418 (Loan since 1982)
 until 2001, Peter Ludwig und Irene Ludwig, Aachen
without date, Galerie Louise Leiris, Paris

Literature

Picasso, Pablo, Paris 1973, Kat-Nr. L.70

 
Hide

Picasso. 156 gravures récentes

edited by Galerie Louise Leiris

Paris 1973

KMB: K Picass 7 1973

Bloch, Pablo Picasso 1979, Kat-Nr. Bloch 1925

 
Hide

Georges Bloch, Pablo Picasso

Bern 1979

Exhibitions

Picasso, Pablo, Paris 1973

 
Hide

Picasso. 156 gravures récentes

 24.01.1973-24.02.1973 Paris, Galerie Louise Leiris

Inscription

Datierung: 8.3.71. II
Signatur, Vorderseite (unten rechts): Picasso
Auflage, Vorderseite (unten links): 9/50

Further information

• Circulation: 9 out of 50 und 15 (Künstlerexemplare)

     

Permalink: https://museum-ludwig.kulturelles-erbe-koeln.de/documents/obj/05923069
Dok-Nr.: obj 05923069

 
End of caption